[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B00BPX2JXM” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MtmQ3%2B1vL.jpg” tag=”tiny00e-20″ width=”333″]Undercover Mama Nursing Tank[/easyazon_image]As you many of you may know, I am a strong believer in the baby wearing and breastfeeding. I think they both are good for baby and for momma (and daddy too if he carries). Being such an avid believer in these two mom philosophies tends to cause me a dilemma., that normal women don’t necessarily face. Sure we all worry about how we look in this dress, or does it make my boobs like strange, is it too tight? But the issues I face are a little different. The questions that haunt me are:
Does baby easily have access to my breasts?
Is my jewelry or top distracting? (thus encouraging her to play with it yank on it etc.)
If I nurse in this outfit am I going to expose my body to everybody and their momma?
Before I prepare to get dressed I often stand in my bathrobe in the closet pondering how/what to wear for the day. I want to share the information that I learned and help to make it easier for all you other new moms!
Does baby easily have access to my breasts
This is a toughie if you don’t have a nursing bra. They are like my new religion. I love them, nowadays if I wear a bra it’s a nursing one. I sleep in them, go to the store in them, lounge around the house in them. There are several types of nursing bras to be had and I feel it’s necessary to have at least 2 of each, especially in those early days.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B003ZN9744″ cloaking=”default” height=”160″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BVHsavz-L._SL160_.jpg” tag=”tiny00e-20″ width=”145″]Undercover Mama Nursing Tank[/easyazon_image]
- The everyday lady wrangler. My choice for this bra is Bravado Body Silk I have 6 of these, they come in your basic standard colors, but also Bravado releases seasonal colors, making nursing bras more fun! (as fun as they can be) Literally I wear them every day. They are comfy, similar to my pre-mommy lounge bras. Good support made of cotton, and semi pretty. Honestly who am I trying to impress?
- The out of the houser. This is an almost my pre-preggo normal bra, Bravado Bliss sort of sexier than the everyday boobie holster. It isn’t near as comfortable as the lounge bra, but it may just get you laid while providing instant access to your little one.
- The sleeping bra. Lamaze Sleep Bra This one offers little support and is mostly meant for (duh) sleeping. I have always slept in a sports bra, its super hard to nurse in, and it made it so much easier to get a night nurser.
Is My Jewelry Too Distracting?
Up until about 9 months ago necklaces were my go to accessory. They could change the look and feel of an entire outfit. I literally have about 60 different necklaces and most of them are the long length, that nowadays would be right in the grasp range of baby E. Most of the necklaces I have are of the costume jewelry sort, and have no business in a baby’s mouth.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B004XCYKKM” cloaking=”default” height=”160″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21enTYhsrML._SL160_.jpg” tag=”tiny00e-20″ width=”160″]Undercover Mama Nursing Tank[/easyazon_image]
- Necklaces: (those that aren’t meant for chewing). E is at the stage where dangling jewelry is a play thing. Granted I used to wear many beautiful necklaces on the regular. BAH this doesn’t happen anymore! If I have a necklace on these days it’s a silicone chewing necklace. They are made of food grade silicone, most are dishwasher safe, and massage baby’s gums while they chew away. My brand of choice is found in the way of an Etsy shop by the name of little miss fairytale. She has several colors and styles available to match any outfit. On any given day you will probably see E chewing and/or yanking one off my neck.
- Earrings: I gave up on the dangling ones many months ago. While wearing her so close to my body E can spot everything, she tugs on studs people! If I threw some hoops in I’m sure she’d rip the hole down my earlobe.
If I nurse in this outfit, will I expose my entire body to everyone and their momma?
For some modesty is key. I can say that sometimes it is for me and others it is not. But while nursing of COURSE I want to be covered. Whether you chose to accept or not, people stare at you when you nurse in public, it’s sort of human nature (awkward but human nature).
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B00884N3A4″ cloaking=”default” height=”160″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31h-549AngL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”tiny00e-20″ width=”92″]Undercover Mama Nursing Tank[/easyazon_image]
- Going sans undershirt: Honestly there is no way to go without a tank or camisole underneath your everyday garb unless you want to expose your post baby (more than likely out of shape) tummy. After going a few months using regular tanks, I finally found tanks that are meant for nursing! If I leave the house or have guests over I wear one, there are several different brands and styles I chose Undercover Mama Nursing Tank, it hooks inside your bra cup, so when I snap down the nursing flap the tank comes down with it. The great thing about this tank is it comes in several colors aside from the generic neutrals and it’s slimming! So I don’t have to suck it in while nursing, making it look like a breeze bahahaha.
- Nursing Cover: I was given one of these shortly after E was born, I used it at first when I was nervous, but I sort of felt like it was suffocating her. Of course it wasn’t but I wouldn’t want to eat with my face covered up. Ladies you will get more comfortable with nursing your baby, thus making it easier to nurse in front of people, the baby will get bigger and cover more of your body, you won’t have to look down to make sure she’s latched correctly, and after a certain point baby just wants to get down to business. Even if they are starers.