With summer just around the corner I’m excited to share one of my favorite summer sides! I like to call it a zesty addition to any dish! Once sweet corn comes into season, I am all about making it with at least one meal a week. While at the store the other day I saw that sweet corn was available and I snatched it up excited to ring in the arrival of summer and this dish!
What you need:
Sweet Corn 3-4 ears
Bell Pepper (any color will do)
Garbanzo Beans (chick peas)
Zesty Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
Lime Juice/Fresh Lime
1. I start by washing all my produce, including the garbanzo beans. Begin chopping your veggies down to bite size morsels. I half the tomatoes and cut the bell pepper down into finger sized pieces. You can add more peppers and any color will do, orange is sweeter and brings out the sweetness of the corn and are a great option for this salad. Add the washed garbanzo beans.
2. Add the corn. This is something that I learned the hard way, stand the corn upright and slide the knife down from the top, to separate the most corn from the cob.
3. This is where I making the recipe can go 2 ways. On this particular day I didn’t pick up any cilantro so I used pre-made dressing. HOWEVER if you so choose to make your own chop down the cilantro and add lime juice to it in a food processor or blender. Take this down to a fine pasty mixture. Add extra virgin olive oil to the mix and that’s pretty much my super easy cilantro lime vinaigrette! Or just add the pre-made stuff (I used Kraft’s here) and stir the dressing into your veggie mix.
4. Pop in the fridge to allow the dressing to really get absorbed and ‘brighten’ the flavors of the salad. Leave it in for at least 2 or 3 hours, I typically prep this in the afternoon during E’s naptime and it’s ready for dinner!
5. Add to your favorite dinner as a delicious and fresh side! I added it on this particular night to a grilled rosemary chicken breast and it hit the spot!